Sunday, July 22, 2007

Partners 'N' Crime And The Soul Rebels And Birdfinger At The Howlin' Wolf!!!!



Weed smoke and beers and white girls shakin some ass on stage! Thats how it goed down. I got dropped off down on Bourbon with my Bro. He went to work and I wandered down Canal an found my way to S. Peters and The Howlin' Wolf.




The palms at Harrah's

Finally made it.

I have heard about this place quite a bit but this was my first time there. Soul Rebels Brass Band were up on stage, and lemmi just say, there is something special about bands like this in the south. Back where I am from my friends might look at me funny if I invited them to see a brass band , but down here, they kick it! Makes me wish I hadn't put my trombone down!




It was still early in the night, and they dipseted as soon as they were finished, but I met up with my man Marcus, of The Rebels, outside and he showed me some love and handed me their CD, so hopefully we can get them some air time at WTUL and if you all like some good, live jams, with a lil hip hop mixed in, hit this download up! Hit it up! Hit it up!


Oh yeah, and in a "Step Your Game Up" thought I just had, I put their CD in iTunes and clicked "get CD artwork" and up popped the album cover. Just goes to show you can put out a good, complete product if you want to.




Tha G.T. Boys, whom I just met back stage rollin with tha Partners


De-low.
Here goes act number two. Local band, Birdfinger. They did some original rock, and some covers like the Ghost Busters theme, but I like the guitar. That guy was sweet Quite an interesting mix of music for the night, but why not. The more I look at what is good in the world, I say why not! You wanna be white and rap, Why Not! You want to have three differant genres of music at one event, why not. Even if you are told that, this doesnt go with that, or whatever, if you do it, do it well, and the rest doesn't matter.
Birdfinger!




K.C. Uptown Cajun's Finest Bartender
one throwed babe. She knew how to pop, but for some reason it was only skinny white girls onstage and not her.
Two throwed babe
K.C. Keepin it Hyphy
Partners 'N' Crime

Kangol Slim
Misdemeanor or Mr. Meanor

"Talkin bout white girls! White Girls! Everywhere we gooo!"



I just gotta say it, some of these girls (ie two in the blue) were just being goofy. Like ol girl just bouncing her big ol tities til the almost pop out and the other one bending over with some sort of short skirt thing on. Come on now that isn't smart.
So throwed
keepin it soreal with tha fans. If you aren't from New Orleans (which I am not) then you might have to do some research to find out about the beginings of its hip hop/rap/and bounce scene. Some would say that these guys are a Bounce institution, and just by listening to them and the crowd following every phrase you can tell they deserve a little more credit. A lot of people think Cash Money or No Limit when they think new orleans but there is quite a bit more.


So apparently Juvie is in working on his new album as we speak, and did I hear that it might be called "400 Degrees" !? Interesting. I know PNC has been signed to UTP, but it sounds like they might not be with UTP anymore, from what I heard, and their myspace says "Free Agents" at the top. I dont mean to spread rumors but I found that interesting.


LINKS!!!
Partners 'N' Crime Myspace- www/myspace.com/pncofficial

****MUSIC: Partners 'N' Crime: N.O. Block Party Feat. DJ Jubilee & Choppa
****MUSIC: Partners 'N' Crime: Talk That Shit Now
G.T. Boys Myspace- www.myspace.com/gametightrecordsandrichkidsent

Soul Rebels Myspace- www.myspace.com/soulrebelsbrassband

****MUSIC: Soul Rebels: Let It Roll

Birdfinger Myspace- www.myspace.com/birdfingerband
These Songs were recorded LIVE, at the above concert, by me! Great Quality!****MUSIC: Birdfinger: "Crazy" Gnarles Barlkey Cover

****MUSIC: Birdfinger: Untitled, But Awesome Guitars!

No comments: